Blogging happily and safely
We are all really excited to have our class blogs and to be able to share the story of our school year. Keeping these blogs a safe and secure place to work is very important. Through the use of the blog the children in Leyburn Community Primary School have the opportunity to develop their understanding of online safety and how to behave when on the web.
We have a few simple guidelines that we need to keep to in order to make the most of our class blog.
* Children are to only use their first name when commenting.
* Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Albert’s Mum” or “Juliet’s Grandfather”.
* All posts will be checked by Mrs Beveridge before they are published to the blog.
* All comments are moderated by Mrs Beveridge before they appear on the blog.
* Always be respectful of other people’s work – be positive if you are going comment.
* No text talk – write in full sentences and read your comments back carefully before submitting.
* Everyone in Leyburn Community Primary School will stick to these guidelines.
If you have any more concerns about the security of the blog then please pop into the school and have a chat with Mrs Beveridge.
Original guidelines created by Tom Barrett, John Davies School, Nottingham. Thank you.